Why your #EcoHealth is Important
This month we are focusing on #EcoHealth, sharing articles and tips on how to improve the environment around you, which in turn will improve your health and the health of your loved ones – not to mention the health of the planet!
We know life is busy but “going green”, being more considerate of how you live your life and how it effects you and your environment, isn’t hard when you just take small steps every day. The trick is to not do it all at once, just slowly change the habits and soon enough you will see the benefits.
This month we will be covering topics around how to improve your home and office environments, how toxins in the body absorbed from your environment effect your health and how living a simpler, more eco-friendly life can improve both your physical and mental health.
To get the ball rolling, here are 10 reasons why improving your #EcoHealth and “going green” will benefit both you and the planet:
1.Save money on your water bill: Purchasing Energy Star appliances or water-saving plumbing systems will consistently save you hundreds of dollars on your water bill annually.
2. For your kid’s future: Going green will allow for longer lives of our natural resources, to be readily available for future generations.
3. Save rainforests: Due to increased urbanisation, large areas of rainforests are often cleared for the building of roads, highways and agriculture. As well as several trees being axed to produce printing and writing paper. Rainforests are important for our lives, as they act as air purifiers and are home for thousands of plants and animals.
4. Green products are non-toxic: green cleaning, and other, products do not contain harmful chemicals, often found in generic products. This helps us avoid toxins from entering ours, and our loved ones’, bodies.
5. Going green will ACTUALLY make you feel happier: Once you and your environment become green, you will be able to feel happier and healthier. This is not just because of the sense of accomplishment you will feel from doing something positive, but also your physical and mental health may improve.
6. Reduce carbon emissions by green travel: Green travel includes public transport, or even carpooling. This reduces carbon emissions, leading to a reduction of your carbon footprint, by reducing the amount of pollution and petrol in the air.
7. Breathe healthy air: Breathing in clean air has been shown to assist in the digestion of food, improve blood pressure and heart rate, and strengthens the immune system.
8. Reduce your carbon footprint: Going green means reducing your carbon footprint. By reducing pollution, you are reducing the amount of energy that is being used and creating a greener and cleaner environment.
9. Eco-homes are more durable: Recycled products have the tendency to last over, approximately, five times longer than traditional materials. This also means you will be saving more money on your home.
10. Improve your health: If you have an eco-friendly home, it means less exposure to pollutants, which in turn will automatically improve your health.
Keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook all month to help you improve your #EcoHealth this April!