Stuffed Pepper Soup
Soup isn’t just for winter! This is a great recipe for when you need to whip up a quick meal. It’s perfect for a family or dinner guests alike, and takes only 10 minutes to prep. Tasty and convenient-the best of both worlds!
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef, lamb, or turkey
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped orange or red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup diced, fresh tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 + ¾ cup chicken or beef broth
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, brown the ground meat on medium to high heat and season with salt.
- Drain fat, if any, and reduce heat to medium-low, then add peppers, onions and garlic.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes on low heat. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, spices, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve about 1.5 cups of soup in each bowl and top with ½ – ¾ cup cooked brown rice. Serves approximately 5-6.