Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri
Summer: the season of barbequing! These kabobs are delicious and nutritious-add a few side salads and you’ve got your meal done!
- 1 + 1.4 pound beef (sirloin or Angus), cut into 1 inch cubes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- OPTION: to add on pineapple or capsicum cubes to the skewers
- 2 packed tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 packed tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- For the chimichurri, combine red onion, vinegar, salt and olive oil and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place onions, beef, and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Prepare the grill on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steaks to serving platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
- Yields approximately 6 skewers.