Sneaky Spinach Brownies
Wondering how to increase your vegetable intake? Need to get more vegetables into your kids diet? These brownies are sure to be a winner and you won’t even realise they are packed with green goodness!
* 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
* 1/2 cup almond flour (option to use hazelnut meal)
* 1 cup coconut sugar
* 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup melted butter, or organic coconut oil
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 cups raw spinach
* 1/4 cup organic, dark, semi-sweet chocolate chips (option to use raw cacao nibs if prefer dairy and refined sugar free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a blender, or using a hand mixer, whip the water, oil, vanilla, and spinach together.
4. Fold wet and dry ingredients together until it forms a uniform batter. Add in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread batter evenly in a 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes in oven, or until tooth-pick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
350 calories per serving, 3 grams of fibre, and 4 grams of protein
Makes 8 servings