Longevity Medicine is reversing the degenerative diseases of ageing
Until recently, medicine has presumed that there is little we can do to intervene in the process of ageing, but new scientific research reveals otherwise. Among the fastest-growing medical specialties in the world, Longevity Medicine is a wellness-oriented model of advanced clinical preventive medicine.
Longevity Medicine is founded on the application of advanced scientific and medical technologies for the early detection, prevention, treatment, and reversal of age-related dysfunction, disorders, and diseases. It is a healthcare model promoting innovative science and research to prolong the healthy lifespan in humans and is based on solid scientific principles of responsible medical care. The goal of Longevity Medicine is not to merely prolong the total years of an individual’s life, but to ensure that those years are enjoyed in a productive and vital way. Ageing is a complex process of :
- mechanical wear and tear (eg osteo-arthritis)
- altered hormone production and changed cell sensitivity to the hormones such as insulin and leptin resistance, hypothyroidism, growth hormone / testosterone / estrogen deficiency
- molecular changes due to inflammation, glycation (to sugar) and oxidation (by free radicals), leading to mitochondrial dysfunction
- decreased cell membrane integrity
- collagen cross-linking
- onset of diseases leading to physical frailty (such as osteoporosis)
- loss of mental and cognitive function and senility such as Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia.
Modern medical science can identify and manipulate those of these factors that are affecting you, slow down your ageing and have you feeling and looking younger with more energy, clearer thinking, better memory, more physical vitality and stamina.