Do you have a complex sports injury? Our APA Sports Titled Physiotherapists are here to help!
The APA Title serves as a professional mark of distinction and requires years of additional study to achieve. APA Titled physiotherapists are significantly more qualified physiotherapists that have expert knowledge and skills in their area of practice. Elevate is able to boast that 3 (three) of its physiotherapy team have achieved the APA Title distinction, with a fourth almost having completed their study.
What sets an APA Titled Physiotherapist apart from a normal Physiotherapist?
An APA Sports Physiotherapist is a highly qualified professional with expert knowledge and skills in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries. In addition they are experts in movement analysis and exercise prescription.
APA Sports Physiotherapists undergo a rigorous selection process to ensure that they achieve and maintain exceptional standards of clinical experience and knowledge to treat complex sports based injuries. They have completed at least four years of university studies, in addition they have completed extensive post-graduate studies specifically in the management of sports injuries. They have a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, crisis management, assessment and treatment of joint and muscle conditions.
APA Sports Titled Physiotherapists are highly trained and experienced in:
- Crisis management, enabling them to take immediate care of injuries on the field – all have current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid certificiates
- Providing education about injury management, prevention and maximising sporting performance
- Designing stretching programs for teams and individuals
- Providing pre-season musculoskeletal screening and injury prevention programs
- The provision and co-ordination of physiotherapy coverage at sporting events from the club to international competition
An APA Sports Physiotherapist is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) and is bound by its professional Code of Conduct. It is a requirement that when working with Australian Olympic teams that physiotherapists carry the ‘APA Sports Physiotherapist’ title.