Dr Suzan Bekir is an experienced Integrative General Practitioner, practicing family medicine with specialty interests in ear, nose & throat conditions including allergies, sexual health, paediatrics, mental health, Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamin therapy, nutritional medicine, cosmetic medicine, skin and laser medicine.
Dr Bekir completed her medical degree at the University of NSW in 2004 and vocationally trained with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. She practised in medical clinics in Rose Bay and Bondi before opening her own private rooms in Double Bay in 2015.
As Clinical Director at collective.care, Australian Allergy Centre and Taylor Clinic, she created GP shared care programs with primary care specialty clinics in allergy, ENT and skin conditions designed for Health Care Homes of the future.
Areas of Interest
- environmental health assessments including air borne allergy assessments.
- management of Allergic Airway Disease such as allergic rhinitis and asthma.
- management of Sleep Disordered Breathing.
- metabolic medicine and weight loss counselling; medical supervision of Very Low Calorie Diets.
- integrative skin health and anti-ageing medicine.
- developmental assessments for children and comprehensive 4 year Healthy Kids Check.
- sexual health and counselling, contraceptive advice, women’s health checks and Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- laser treatments including C02 resurfacing laser and medically complicated tattoo removal.
- Intravenous vitamin therapy including iron, vitamin C and B infusions.