MEET DR HON
MBBS FRACGP DCH Adv. Cert. Skin Cancer Medicine
Dr Kelvin Hon graduated from Western Sydney University in 2012 and has gained experience in various areas of medicine, including general surgery, general medicine, neurology, emergency medicine, paediatrics, palliative care, psychiatry and skin cancer medicine prior to completing his Fellowship in General Practice in 2017.
Kelvin has extensive experience in the full spectrum of General Practice medicine with a special interest in mental health, preventative health, sexual health and skin cancer medicine. As well, he provides skin checks, general health checks and management, chronic disease management, lifestyle advice, travel advice and immunisations.
Kelvin has an immense passion for medical education, and is regularly involved with teaching medical students and mentoring junior doctors. He currently holds a conjoint lecturer appointment with his alumni medical school at Western Sydney University. Kelvin is also passionate about advocating for others and the importance of looking after doctors in our own healthcare system, having served as an elected representative of the Resident Medical Officers Association.
Kelvin strongly believes in patient centred care and working closely together with his patients to achieve optimal healthcare together. He provides a holistic and compassionate approach, ensuring his patients are comfortable and understanding of their management, every step of the way. Kelvin is always willing to listen to your ideas, concerns and expectations, and takes great care in addressing them with you in a thorough and non-judgemental way. His expertise includes:
- Mental health screening and management including stress, anxiety and depression.
- Preventative health checks and lifestyle advice.
- Chronic disease management plans.
- Sexual health checks and management.
- Travel advice and immunisations.
- Patient education and health promotion.
- Skin checks and skin cancer management, including dermatology, biopsy and excision.
Memberships and Qualifications:
- Conjoint Lecturer (School of Medicine, WSU)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (WSU)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Diploma in Child Health (University of Sydney)
- Certificate of Dealing with Depression (Black Dog Institute)
- Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (Bond University)
- Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (Bond University)