Paleo Peach Crumble
This ones for those who have a sweet tooth but are trying to stick to a Paleo way of eating – enjoy!
- 4 medium peaches sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- zest of half lemon and juice (option to use limes)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for crust/crumble topping:
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil
Preference goat or sheep yogurt; if vegan, coconut or almond yogurt
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 370 F.
- Mix peaches with coconut sugar, arrowroot, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add the crumble ingredients, except for maple syrup and ghee, to a food processor. Process into crumbly texture, then add the wet (maple syrup and ghee) and process again quickly until mixed and slightly sticky.
- Place the baking dish with the peaches in the oven for 10 minutes. Then remove and spread the crumble mixture evenly over the top. Place the dish back in the oven for 20-25 minute, until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Cool slightly before serving. Mix together yogurt with fresh mint and vanilla and serve on the side.
Recipe adapted from eatdrinkpaleo.com