Festive Chocolate Squares
Try this holiday recipe if you’re craving a sweet treat!
- 375 g organic, dark chocolate (sweetened with coconut sugar)
- 345 g coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 240 g coconut sugar
- 195 g almond or hazelnut meal
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 5 g sea salt
- 5 g baking soda
- 6 g pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 330F. Grease a 11×15″ (or 11×17″) sheet pan and line with parchment.
- Chop chocolate and butter into chunks and place in a bowl. If using coconut oil, melt coconut and chopped chocolate together over a simmering pan.
- Add coconut sugar to melted chocolate and mix well. May use whisk.
- Lightly beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs slowly into chocolate while whisking constantly. Make sure the chocolate isn’t too hot and you’re whisking vigorously while doing this.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- If desired, fold in chopped nuts, dried cranberries, or dried cherries.
- Pour into pan and bake for 25-35mins. A 11×15″ pan takes 35mins.
- Allow cooling before cutting.