Broccoli and cauliflower salad
Make the salad you take to the next Christmas gathering different and delicious, with broccoli and cauliflower being packed with nutrients. Both in the cruciferous vegetable family, they are the only group to contain glucosinolates, which are compounds believed to help remove or neutralise carcinogens or affect your body’s hormone levels.
This broccoli and cauliflower salad with capers in lemon vinaigrette is a simple, light and delicious salad, perfect for warmer weather. Impress your family and friends, not only with the flavourful salad, but with its overall health benefits.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size florets. Using a steamer, steam vegetables for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and rinse under cold water to stop from cooking. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with the dressing, add in capers, and serve!
Yields 5-6 servings.