Banana Almond Butter Slice
Almond butter is a good source of the healthy monounsaturated fats our bodies need. This almond butter and banana slice is perfect to satisfy a sugar-craving without the guilt. The perfect healthy slice!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (option to use half cup and half cup of dried berries e.g. cherries)
*Option to use another nut e.g. hazelnut meal/hazelnut butter; ground hemp seeds/hemp seed butter*
- Preheat oven to 175 C/ 350 F. Grease a 8 x 11″ baking dish.
- Puree the banana in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Puree until completely smooth. Stir the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish, using a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.