8 things you can do to stay healthy over Easter
Here are 8 things you can do over Easter that don’t all involve eating chocolate!
Spending valuable time with family and close friends over holiday periods doesn’t have to revolve around delicious feasts, but also some time taken to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Go for a walk after lunch or dinner. Or perhaps throw a ball around. Something the whole family can enjoy!
- Instead of indulging in creamy, milk chocolate, give dark choc a go. Antioxidants and fibre galore!
- Make sure you get enough sleep over the break. It’s the perfect time to rest and boost your energy.
- Enjoy fresh air. If it isn’t raining, why not move the Easter lunch outside?
- Incorporate an abundance of vegetables in your meals with your family. Although they don’t counteract your consumption of chocolate, they are still just as important as any other day.
- Reflect on the things you are grateful for. Write down 10 things you are grateful for on a piece of paper.
- Find little ways to keep active. Think about creating a quick exercise regime you can bust out in the morning. We hear burpees are on trend right now…
- Drink water like there’s no tomorrow. Water is essential for the effective, daily functioning of your body. Number 1 rule!
Ideas adapted from SELF.