Green Coconut Fish Curry
This aromatic curry has chilli, coriander, basil and turmeric – guaranteed to awaken the senses!
Prep Time (min)
Cooking Time (min)
Two teaspoons of oil (preferably coconut, olive or peanut)
1-2 tablespoons of curry paste
1x 400mL coconut milk
60mL fish stock
1 tablespoon fresh lime
1-2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
500g white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
200g green beans, topped and halved
2 bok choi
1 long red fresh chilli, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1/3 cup Thai basil leaves
1 and1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
Steamed rice to serve (jasmine or brown)
Additional garnishes: coriander and chopped chilli
1. Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat.
2. Add the oil and heat until smoking.
3. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
4. Add the coconut milk.
5. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
6. Add the stock, limejuice, sugar and fish sauce.
7. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
8. Reduce heat to medium; add the fish beans, chilli, turmeric and half the basil.
9. Cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, add in bok choi a couple of minutes before serving.
Serve the curry with rice and garnish with remaining basil.